I'm only worth a freakin' DOLLA!!!



Hey Everybody, I know you miss me. I have a couple of updates for you. First and foremost, today hasn't been such a good day. I am questioning how well I did on my accounting test today. I feel that I could have studied more, but I will let you know what I got. Cross your fingers.

This weekend was my birthday weekend, but I didn't do much because I had a lot of work to do. I wrote a paper for my Language class taught by Professor Debra "Debz" Parker. We have been been focusing on linguistics for the past couple of classes. We have really developed some very interesting and intellectual conversations. We've reviewed the case study of Genie and "The Wild Child". Really briefly, Genie was a young girl found in her house bound to a potty seat. She was essentially deprived of language as a child. She was disciplined for making noises and never really came into contact with anyone. Her dad had real issues and in some sort of sick way, he felt as if he was protecting Genie from the outside world. Her mother was nearly blind and was a victim of her husbands abuse. This was a truly unfortunate event. The way the world embraced Genie upon her discover was very inappropriate. She was treated as a subject and not a human being. Enough about Genie because she is a very interesting topic and can be discussed for hours. On another note, we are partnering up with students from Russia to have conversations about language. Interesting! We have also teamed up with the ESL (English as a Second Language) program. We are required to meet with our partner a total of 8 times this semester for 1 hour sessions.

As you can see today all of the RA's from Lincoln Residence Hall and Founders Hall participated in a fundraiser for Big Brother Big Sister. Having to write people up all the time, RA's aren't always in everyone's highest graces. Today was their opportunity to get some slight revenge. For a dollar, they could pie an RA (Resident Assistant) of their choice. RD's were worth four dollars. I know I am worth more than a dollar but it's okay. All the proceeds went to the charity. I am not sure how much money we made, but the pies kept coming until the whipped cream ran out. It was all in good fun.

0 comments: